Wednesday 7 January 2015

New Year Resolutions 2015



It's traditional, another year and another set of resolutions. People say 'you shouldn't need a new year to decide you want to do something or change something', well I disagree. If you need a new year as a kick up the bum to do something you want to then why not. A fresh diary, a new note book and a whole new set of 365 days is a great way for me to get motivated into doing things. Last year I was quite successful with seeing through my resolutions to the end and I felt a lot better for it. Hopefully this year will be the same. 

This year I really want to be more consistent with my exercise. That was resolution number one in case you were confused. I really made an effort last year to get into exercise and I did. I feel a lot fitter than I did last year and I've found the exercise I enjoy doing, which in my eyes is the key to being successful with exercise. However, there were various points throughout the year where I didn't do any exercise for weeks at a time and I felt bad for that and it was always harder to get back into it. 

This year I plan to do regular and consistent exercise. I either want to run 3 miles, walk for at least 30 minutes or workout for 30 minutes, everyday. Yes you heard me everyday. Hopefully I can keep it up and I'm actually really looking forward to the challenge. 

I'm not necessarily a lazy person but getting up earlier is something I need to start doing. When I'm not working I have a tendency to lie in bed until 9-10am. Awful considering I'm in another country with so much to do and see and by the time I'm up and ready to face the day half of it has gone. 

But no more, from now on I want to be out of bed by 7.30, 8am at the latest with a plan for the day ahead. It means I get to do more, see more and just be out in the fresh air more which is what I love.

I love photography but I always get to the end of the day and think 'I wish I'd taken more photos'. So this year I want to take more photos. I hate feeling like a day has gone by un-documented, especially whilst travelling. This year I'm really going to make sure that doesn't happen. I want to take at least one photo everyday and when I get home I'm really looking forward to collecting all the good ones into a scrap book so I can look back and remember all the adventures Jack and I had. 

I want to be more creative this year. I love doing things and creating things and over the past year, maybe due to travelling I haven't done this as much. However, that's no excuse. I brought my pencils with me, I have tools to knit, I have notebooks to write in. Creativity is not hard I just have to stop putting it to one side. 

I definitely got healthier in 2014 however, I know I don't always make the healthiest choices and that's something I want to change. It's not really hard to do, fruit instead of a chocolate bar, rice crackers instead of crisps. You get the picture. I'm always striving to be as healthy as possible and this year I really want to make a go of it by consciously choosing the healthy option. 

So that's it. My resolutions for this year. What are you hoping to achieve this year? Let me know in the comments, and if any of yours are similar to mine we could do this thing together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment