Monday 16 March 2015

Let's be honest, I failed



Blogging is a hobby for me and that's all it is. I don't get any form of payment for anything I write, I don't have an sponsorship deals and views really aren't that important to me. However, that doesn't mean I don't want to create the best blog I possibly can and it doesn't mean that I want posts to be irregular, without thought and lazy. Recently I've felt like I've been putting up posts and content that are exactly that.

I made a promise at the beginning of this year to be more regular with posts but that really hasn't happen and I can't even describe how frustrating that is for me and how much it makes me stress out when another week goes by and I haven't even written one blog post even though I've got a heap of post ideas written down in my notebook. 

Ever since I took a break to get ideas together and re-focus I've felt unmotivated to blog and in the last week I felt like I'd been away for too long and didn't know where to go next. Should I go straight back into blogging normal posts or should I write an explanatory post. I didn't want to do either. The first would seem odd after such a long break and the second feels like that's all I've been posting recently. What did this mean? More stressed about something that's meant to be a hobby. 

Of course I want the blog to be successful, I want people to read and enjoy which blogger doesn't? But when it comes down to it I have to enjoy blogging because apart from anything else this is a really cool way I can look back on some awesome things I've done. 

I want to create content that people want to read and share and will ultimately feel inspired by but at the same time I don't want to feel stressed out when I don't post.

So I've made a big decision. It's really not that big at all but one that I want to share. 

From now on, well at least while I'm travelling, there will be at least one weekly post. On a Sunday I will post a #TravelDiaries post. This will be a weekly round up of whatever I've done that week on my travels. I did this when I first started travelling at they seem to be the posts that people enjoyed most, I enjoyed most and also posts that consistently get views even now. So I figured why ignore the stats and my feelings? Let's go back to that. 

Additionally I'll post all the other things I like to post - bookish things, recipes, resolution reviews and all the other lifestyle things I post (after all this is a lifestyle blog). However, these will be posted when and if I have anything for such a post. I'm gonna quit this posting something just because I feel something needs to be posted. I'll also do feature posts on things that I've done on my travels that I've particularly enjoyed, a restaurant, a place anything. 

So I think that's it. One regular weekly post and other little lifestyle posts if and when. I hope you're all looking forward to this much more laid back blogging as I am. Hopefully it will result in better reading for and less crappy posts and also a less stressed version of me. I also want to point out that this format won't be forever, as travelling around Australia won't be forever but that doesn't matter now. 

As always I'd like to hear from you lovely readers what you'd like to see more of and what you like me to post most of all. Also let me know if there's anything you'd like to see over here on this little corner of the internet. You can comment below and as always tweet me or comment on the facebook page.

So until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment