Tuesday 6 October 2015

Currently | September

September was a very travel heavy month for me. The most time we spent in one place was a week. So, when it comes to what I'm currently loving its been a bit tricky for me to remember and decide. However I've managed to gather together a few things that I've been enjoying this month and here they are for you to enjoy too.


Listening&Watching

Well you can probably guess I haven't been watching much as we've been camping almost every night in the back of the ite. Apart from the rugby World Cup and the NRL grand final we've not been watching anything at all. However, with long days in cars we do need things to listen too. I tried to get back into Game of Thrones where I'd left off but it had been such a long time I'd forgotten what had happened. Jack had been thinking of diving into the series too, but the size of the books put him off. We came to the conclusion that downloading the audio book would be the way forward. It's been a good way to get back into them and we've both been enjoying listening to them when we've got a long day on the road. I'd definitely reccomend the Audible app if you're a bit put off my the size of a book but want to read something.

Eating&Drinking

This month has been a coffee revelation for me. I went off it for a bit as caffeine is not anxiety's friend, but I missed it too much and soon found myself wishing for a coffee shop. When I got back to it I decided to try something new. I've always been a cappuccino person for as long as I've drunk coffee however, flat white called out to me and I went for it. Let's just say I'm not going back, even the chocolate sprinkle can't tempt me. Also no sugar food was the thing I was most looking out for this 'no sugar September'. I found Niomi Smarts banana bread recipe was just what I needed. It was really satisfying as well as being sugar, dairy and gluten free and vegan. Definitely one to try.

Reading
I had a bit of a reading slump in the middle of the month and didn't really fancy anything. And what with listening to Game of Thrones it's been a funny reading month. However I chose 'History of the Rain' by Niall Williams from my kindle TBR list and I'm really enjoying it. It was long listed for the Man Booker Prize last year and it's definitely worth picking up if you're after something different but easy to read.

So that's my month in things I've been loving. What about you? Let me know in the comments and let me know what your favourite things were this month.

Until next time,
Em 



No comments:

Post a Comment